Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sticky Nugs of Dank Cauliflower

Behold my hydroponic production facility producing lettuce at a mere $50 a head. Ah, but the kids like it and having some green around and bright light will probably help me through the despair of winter. After some rigorous analysis in the form of tallying up my receipts, I've determined that there can be only one product that is profitable under a hydroponic system. Judging from the walk in clientele at the hydroponics store, I'm pretty sure i was the only one there growing vegetables. I must admit to a certain fascination if not down right temptation. How often do you get a chance to screw criminals and the government at the same time. It would be effortless and undetectable. However the state and the federal government seem to be locked in some heroic conflict over who gets to violate me as a free citizen. I think I'll wait and see where the dust settles.

Anyhooh it's been an interesting undertaking. Historically the only plants that got water in my house are the ones that climbed off the shelf and drank strait from the tap. Needless to say there have been numerous botanical casualties. I often feel like some ogre sized retard asphyxiating and crushing the poor kittys i love so dearly. Under this system the plants get automatically watered three times a day and spend 18 hours under direct light, also automatically controlled. Perhaps the plants are finally safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I understand the concept of $50 veg. But I do miss having an outdoor garden space. xo

Blog Archive